Suvodol Monastery

The Suvodol monastery is a Serbian Orthodox monastery located 25 km south-east of Zaječar, in eastern Serbia. According to legend it was either built by the Byzantines in the period between 1004 and 1008, or by Prince Lazar Hrebeljanović in the 14th century. The oldest specimen is a grave monument from 1255. The Old church was destroyed in 1865, and a new one started building in August 1866.


Additional information